Waterfowl hunting is permitted at the Park during the seasons set by the Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife, but only with a valid Colorado Waterfowl hunting license. Hunters are also required to have a Habitat Stamp. Hunting is only allowed within set "Red Zone" hunting areas. Click here for "Red Zone" map and information. Click here for a link to all hunting regulation brochures for Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
- Wal-Mart -- 250 W. 65th in Loveland. (970-667-3331)
- Wal-Mart -- 1325 North Denver Avenue in Loveland. (970-669-4579)
- Sportsman's Warehouse -- 1675 Rocky Mountain Avenue in Loveland. (970-461-5000)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods -- 5975 Sky Pond Drive in Loveland. (970-461-9762)
- JAX Outdoor Gear -- 950 E. Eisenhower Blvd in Loveland (970-776-4540)
- Kmart -- 2665 W. Eisenhower Blvd in Loveland (970-663-2440)
- Hunt within the designated RED ZONE boundaries only. These boundaries are marked on the map in red and at the hunting site with red posts and/or red and white signs. The water line is a boundary. You may put decoys out, but you may not hunt from the water. Areas are first come, first served – no reservations.
- Firearms must be unloaded outside the Red Zone area. Load weapons only when in position and ready to hunt inside Red Zone. Unload before returning to vehicle.
- Do not drive into the Red Zone. Vehicles are not allowed off of the asphalt roadways and parking lots. You must walk all of your hunting equipment down to the site.
- Shoot only during legal shooting hours. You may hunt from ½ hour before sunrise until sunset.
- Do NOT shoot to the west or in the direction of boaters.
- Have all proper licenses current and available for inspection. You must posses all current necessary licenses and stamps
- Only NON-TOXIC shot is allowed. You cannot use or have in your possession lead shot while hunting waterfowl.
For more information please see the Colorado Parks and Wildlife 2013 Colorado Waterfowl Regulation Brochure.